Skip to forum content

You are not logged in. Please login or register.

Forum Oi! → Chit-Chat → Interesting Perspective How Desert Storm Destroyed the U.S. Military.

Pages 1

You must login or register to post a reply

RSS topic feed

I doubt you're going to get many people to agree with you, I for one do not.  Even if everything you say about the military were in fact an obvious fact leading to it's potential downfall, I doubt you can actually pin the beginning to that battle.  I do agree with one thing though, there probably is entirely too much media coverage of the battlefield/scope of engagement.

Thanks for posting this, RADMIL. I haven't got my head around it entirely, because it's an enormously broad thesis, but it's worth thinking and talking about. I cleaned up some of the punctuation and formatting, but without changing any text.
I'll say that having a special perspective on women in the Army, having served under the first female Captain in the history of the armed forces to take troops into combat, I can tell you for a fact that when men join the Army, they serve as soldiers. When women join the Army, they serve as women who are serving as soldiers, and that changes the entire dynamic, no matter what they're like. The good of the unit is the first priority with men. What's fair or unfair to women is the first priority with women. It's not about what kind of individuals they are, that dynamic doesn't change because it's not based on the individual, it's based on the interaction between soldiers.
The big mistake everyone makes when discussing the topic as a political issue makes trying to decide whether it's good or bad, which like everything else in combat, is entirely a matter of how things play out, not about philosophy. Her maternal instincts may reverse a bad decision that might get us all killed. If so, then maybe it was worth slowing our runs down all the time by running slow in front, which just cheated everyone's body and weakened us--except for us few who would just compensate by running on our own before the run. On the other hand, maybe her ragging bitchcraft and overbearing need to prove herself is what drags us into a firefight. It's not all random, but a lot of it is context.
I'll likely have more to say after I wake up and get a few competing priorities worked out. For the moment, those are my thoughts on women as soldiers.

RADMIL, please post the author and source so nobody accuses you of plagiarism. Thanks!

Men and women are not the same. We are biologically different, we think different, we look different, we have different strengths and weaknesses.
That being said women are amazing creatures that mesmerize me a can make life. I don't want to see them in combat because I don't think I would be able to not be protective of any woman I worked with.
I am sure there are some women on the end of the bell curve that can hang with the average male physically. But the best female fighter I. The world is no match for an average male fighter.
Hmm think I am veering off topic and rambling, sorry

I added the apparent author and source so nobody accuses you of plagiarism. Thanks!

The mechanisms behind the scenes are never going to announce their motives. Like religionists who turn assets by "telling you what they think," when they're really capitalizing on your apparent respect for them in telling you want they want you to think they think, so you'll think the same thing too, large interests will give us the shiny object they think will work to attain their ends.
Case in point, it is enormously beneficial to the military to increase potential numbers, for the same reasons it does the Israeli Defense Force. "Women's rights" are how it's sold to us, because the real argument wouldn't work.
I know I'm bordering on political discussion here, but the textbook example I will use will be the delivery of the entire population of the US to the insurance industry under the ACA, in order to skyrocket pharmaceutical stocks. We never heard word one about the mechanisms behind the scenes, and it was not the republicans who did it, it was the democrats, under the pretext of humanitarian motives--because they wanted to make sure it worked. Delivering profits to large corporations is the republican profile, so they used the dems to do it. I'm not interested in the "issue" here, I'm just talking about the mechanics.
It's the same with women in the military. The arguments are presented by Santa Claus. It's not who it looks like, and what we're given is chosen by others after pretending to hear what we want, and wrapped in a way as to appeal to us.

Pages 1

You must login or register to post a reply

Forum Oi! → Chit-Chat → Interesting Perspective How Desert Storm Destroyed the U.S. Military.