Skip to forum content

You are not logged in. Please login or register.

Forum Oi! → Cinema & TV → [COMICS] No, 30 Marvel Titles Will Not Be Cancelled Based On April’s Sales Numbers

Pages 1

You must login or register to post a reply

RSS topic feed

Marvel comics is in abysmal state at the moment, Legacy can't come soon enough.

Lol I didn't know they blamed Donald Trump, Donald Trump getting elected seems to be the best thing that ever happened for people who are looking for an excuse. Marvel is acting like a coporation but thinking like a small business.

Why sustain something like MG ad DD while considering possibilities of cancelling something as gigantic as X-Men? I know they haven't really been stellar but still...

Marvel's strategy right now seems to be we will just flood the market with a ton off titles by no talent writers just to seem more diverse. But that's okay because we make most off our money from the crossover events and movies.

Marvel and DC have used this strategy over and over again to try and find a market and while I understand it, I HATE IT.  They do what they should be doing:  Give characters to authors and let them do something new.  But then they screw it up by giving it to what seems like any author (or one author with three or four titles), with their super focused Big Events which push ANY interest away from the newer titles.  And that's not their biggest problem.  Their biggest problem, and Marvel's in particular, is a complete lack of advertisement and push to find an audience.  Marvel makes these titles and then forgets to tell people about them outside of their website.  At best we see these characters make a cameo in their big events.  DC at least starts putting adverts to lesser known or upcoming titles in their bigger books every month.  Of all the "really new" titles only Nova and Moon Girl are the ones Marvel really is trying for.  Maybe Wasp.  Maybe.
I forgot to say in my previous post that Sorcerer's Supreme is a limited series as well and I think headed into its last issue.

Marvel needs one thing to wake everyone up... movie/TV failure. Right now they're in denial because things on screen are working and they can casually pretend the comic business is having minor setbacks. Sorry but to get the source material going they need the spice to stop flowing.

They're not investing Marvel, they own them. But they didn't always own them and they've been steadily losing market share since the purchase. . Also I'm fine with a complete failure that causes Disney to believe the franchise is no longer valuable. Here's the hard reality... it's going to happen eventually because it can't go on indefinitely. As a long time fan that's lost that lovin' feelin' for Marvel I truly don't care about the movies or TV. Because no one's ever said 'the movie was better than the book'. The movies and TV will eventually peter out but what I want is the source material to pick itself up from the gutter. Because it's better than the movies or TV.

Pages 1

You must login or register to post a reply

Forum Oi! → Cinema & TV → [COMICS] No, 30 Marvel Titles Will Not Be Cancelled Based On April’s Sales Numbers