Skip to forum content

You are not logged in. Please login or register.

Forum Oi! → Chit-Chat → Eagles are HUGE and will carry off people and cattle like a dragon...

Pages 1

You must login or register to post a reply

RSS topic feed

The camera views are astonishing.

There's a family of three bald eagles across from my home, near a pond. The adults eat in my back yard on occasion. They are as tall or taller than me, but I'm not getting close enough to find out! I think I'm close, but I'm only five feet tall. I was feeding their baby all the gophers and red squirrels I could shoot last summer. He was pretty darn cool!

Very cool. The only ones I've seen in person were at a wildlife preserve, and were in a huge cage. They were rehabilitating from surgery. I noticed them having sex, and the male was sideways because he only had one wing. It was the weirdest and funniest thing I've ever seen, then I read the plaque on the cage, and it explained that they fk sideways because the male got hit by a truck and had a wing amputated.
It seemed sad, but my thought was, "hey, at least he can still have sex, right?"

I feel like a damn moron for not thinking of it. The phone was sitting in my pocket.

I made the same mistake when I saw two tortoises (Help me out PeeJaay! This doesn't look right!")
whilst at the zoo. Three year old asks her dad what they're doing and dad replies, "The turtle in front is tired and his buddy is pushing him up the hill."  I was laughing too hard to remember filming!

That's funny--and parental advice at zoos and aquariums can save us a lot of embarrassment. It's best to learn from dad's mistakes.
https://vimeo.com/6293353

NewZealand Haast eagle :female stood 4ft7in' tall with a wingspan of 9ft10in'

Pages 1

You must login or register to post a reply

Forum Oi! → Chit-Chat → Eagles are HUGE and will carry off people and cattle like a dragon...