Skip to forum content

You are not logged in. Please login or register.

Forum Oi! → Chit-Chat → Is it ethical for The dreamers to demand we ignore our laws

Pages 1

You must login or register to post a reply

RSS topic feed

WWJD

He killed Adam and Eve?
They died of old age.  All he did was show them an apple and tempt them.  From the tree of knowledge of good and evil.  Resulting in them knowing things like shame over nudity.  But it wasn't a poisonous apple.  The removal of their immortality and banishment from Eden was their decision to eat the apple and God's decision to punish.  That is how free will works.
And the first three chapters of Genesis pertain to the first story of creation, which comes before the story of creation with Adam and Eve and is closer to the Sumerian myth of Marduk and Tia'Mat.  Adam and Eve and Noah have more inspirations from Gilgamesh (the talking serpent, the boatmaker).
And in Genesis that character is only called 'the serprent'.  Never 'Lucifer in serpents form'.
I imagine you abstain from bacon then, with your biblical view of swine?  Though once again I don't see how discussing a topic makes one unclean.

As I said, the honest and decent among us don't need the force of government to do the right thing and contribute to the commons.  We understand the the "love thy neighbor as yourself" is the most fundamental aspect of goodness.
You object to "your money" being used to pay social security for the elderly?  To pay for their medical care?
It is one of the obligations of citizens - to contribute and help each other.  You can't steal from me that which I freely offer.

''Well guess what. Desperate people resort to desperate things. So, an ugly fact/truth/reality is that if desperate people sincerely believe that their best option for providing safety to and caring for their family is to break our law to enter the country illegally then it is possible that illegal act is a morally correct choice.''
Yes I see that persons point.
But We have laws here and they must take into account they might be caught.then sent back to their country
what they are doing is taking a gamble
What they think is a moral thing to do, WE do not see it as a legal thing to do. so they have to pay the price for their  transgressions

Utter nonsense.  It is IMPOSSIBLE to enforce laws with 100% effectiveness.   Consequently, establishing enforcement priorities to effectively utilize limited resources is necessary and responsible.  Wasting resources to deport Dreamers is an irresponsible and immoral waste of resources.  The best uses of those resources are to find, catch, and deport criminals and illegal employers.  Deciding the most effective way to utilize is NOT the dame thing as ignoring the law.  HOW is this sooooooooo difficult for so many people to comprehend?
So friggin what if DACA is a policy that was not signed into law?  DACA was and is the right thing to do.

Only of those kids are barred from citizenship permanently if they stay or until they go through the naturalization process like everyone else who did it the right way AND we end the policy from this point onward.

Pages 1

You must login or register to post a reply

Forum Oi! → Chit-Chat → Is it ethical for The dreamers to demand we ignore our laws