Skip to forum content

You are not logged in. Please login or register.

Forum Oi! → Chit-Chat → Can Science Be compatible wtih Humanism?

Pages 1

You must login or register to post a reply

RSS topic feed

Small opinion before reading all the paragraphs above and just for answering the 2 questions at the end: First, conceptually, I do not see a big conflict because I think science must be objective in its development (this is not quite well followed in some sciences because of the lack of consensus about "how science must evolve", meaning which criteria are supposed to be used for increasing "scientific knowledge"). Meanwhile, humanism should provide the goals/problems to be followed/solved by science. Otherwise, the opposite of humanism will do so (as we can see happening now). If there is a conflict between humanism and science, it should not be about which one has the truth of things, but about which one has what role. And I have already defined the roles. This leads to the second answer. Since the usual conflict is on the area of which one has the truth, this conflict can only leave us with the wrong problem and thus without the right roles for humanism and science, that is, that the opposite of humanism is providing the goals/problems to be followed/solved by science. I mean, this is the problem to solve.

Pages 1

You must login or register to post a reply

Forum Oi! → Chit-Chat → Can Science Be compatible wtih Humanism?