An interesting answer, thank you, skepticism is a good way to promote thought, giving people a questioning mind.

I think one could argue that promoting atheism is exactly as ethical as preaching any religion. As long as there is no attempt to impose one's belief (or lack thereof) on others, I see no moral issue with speaking about whatever philosophy you think is best to whomever will listen.

I think one could argue that promoting atheism is exactly as ethical as preaching any religion. As long as there is no attempt to impose one's belief (or lack thereof) on others, I see no moral issue with speaking about whatever philosophy you think is best to whomever will listen.

It's ethical to promote atheism.

It's ethical to promote atheism.

Is it too much to ask for people to respect other's beliefs, even if they differ from their own?

I thought you were being ironic: "And yet people pretend to know that this or that god claim MUST be true..because...."there is a book..""
That is an argument from ignorance. One can't rationally claim that God does OR does not exist. It is an untestable hypothesis.
I kind of wish this would shut both sides up: those who are hell bent on "proving" God, and those are hell bent on "disproving" God. ;-)

Atheists are not religious people, how could they be hypocrite. They don't follow any churches or religious beliefs.

I don't quite understand the distinction between the two.  I, personally, tend to make the distinction along a different line: naïve atheists and wise atheists.
Naïve atheists are like the guy who sits at a café and hears the server say "how are you doing today?," and thinks it's a genuine question.  He responds by saying, "I'm in a really bad way.  My dog died, I'm late on my car payment, and my boss gave me a bad performance evaluation for last quarter.  I'm contemplating ending it all.  How are you?"  This kind is shocked when the server disappears to call the police, the paramedics, and the suicide hotline, and when they show up, he informs all of them that they are making an incredible mistake, as he was just answering the lady's question completely and with complete transparency, and is wondering what all the fuss is about.  Types of atheists: Dawkins, Dennett, Harris, Saint-Simon, Hobbes, Russell, Rand.
Wise atheists are like the guy who sits at the café and hears the server say "how are you doing today?," and recognizes it as the complete BS question that it is.  So rather than answer "fine" in the rigid, pro-forma way that we're all habituated to do, he uses this utterance of BS as an invitation to play with the notion of BSing.  He responds by saying "much better after looking into those sexy eyes of yours.  And if your backside is as fine as I think it is, I imagine I'll do even better when you take down my order for the chicken pannini, turn around, and start walking away."  Now, to be fair, the server might still disappear to call the police, but at least he won't be shocked when the police drag him away.  But there might be a chance that the server won't call the police but, instead, say "to tell you the truth, the chicken pannini isn't so good here.  Try the fish tacos: hella good.  By the way, I get off in two hours, and I could use a drink something fierce.  You game?"  Types of atheists: Machiavelli, Nietzsche, Baudrillard, de Sade, Freud, and Hitchens (in his better moments).

Proving what?
Theism: Belief in deities.
Atheism: Absence of such belief.
If you have doubts, you are not an atheist. There is no middle ground.

Proving what?

Proving what?