Skip to forum content

You are not logged in. Please login or register.

Forum Oi! → Chit-Chat → New expectations for being moderator!

Pages 1

You must login or register to post a reply

RSS topic feed

Old Jarhead, you know what it's like to live by a Code.
I would like to see your finest contributions on this topic added to the worth of my channel, and my own life.
I've given you a fine station in my world, and I would ask you to contribute your finest to it.

I appreciate that Null.  I even started a thread about what inspired me to join the service.  Hope you like it.  It is mostly about my dad, but he was definitely my inspiration for joining, and I hope you enjoy it!

As an unmolested, former altar boy...i can appreciate the Latin lesson, Null. ;-p

Living by a code.  Hell yes, we all did.  I lived by the Marine Corps Leadership Traits.  They were very simple, but profound in the execution.
Justice.  Simple word, sometimes very hard to do.  You have to be fair with all your subordinates, and show no favoritism.
Judgement.  In some situation, a Marine has to make decisions that can get people killed.  Those decisions need to be made quickly, but not in haste.  And it is death to everyone to freeze up trying to decide what the best course of action may be, when no good course exists.
Dependability.  Whether in the barracks, in the field, or in combat, your men must believe that they can depend on you to do what is necessary to get them to the end of the situation they are in, regardless of any personal discomfort it may cause the leader.
Initiative.  Do what needs to be done, not for recognition or glory, but because it is the right thing to do.  And always keep the welfare of the troops uppermost in your mind, insuring what you do is to their benefit, if at all possible.
Decisiveness.  When you are committed to a course of action, don't waffle.  Do it, issue the needed orders, and get the job done.
Tact.  One of the more difficult thing to accomplish, for me at least.  How to motivate your subordinates to accomplish the task at hand.  And not piss off the whole herd of them.
Integrity.  Doing what you say you will do,  every time, doing the RIGHT thing every time, regardless of whether it is uncomfortable or dangerous.  To me, integrity is probably the most important trait of a leader.
Endurance.  Leading by example.  If you want the troops to field day the barracks, you should be there pitching in and directing the effort.  When at PT, you should be leading from the front.  I would never ask any troop to do anything I wasn't willing to do with him, and apply even more effort than that troop.
Bearing.  I was always in a clean, freshly starched or dry cleaned uniform.  Even in civvies, I was always dressed in clean, near clothes that were never torn.  In other words, I was ALWAYS a Marine.
Unselfishness, courage, knowledge, loyalty, and enthusiasm finish out the list.
hard things to live by, but I still do.  And I will till they lay me in my grave.

Guffie, you dumb ass.  You are banned again, asshole!
BTW, I have told you before.  Last time. https://uploads.disquscdn.c...

Pages 1

You must login or register to post a reply

Forum Oi! → Chit-Chat → New expectations for being moderator!