Skip to forum content

You are not logged in. Please login or register.

Forum Oi! → Cinema & TV → WW passes Civil War

Pages 1

You must login or register to post a reply

RSS topic feed

And homecoming passes suicide squad...

Deserved, it's the true superh-hero spirit in a movie, Civil War is the most overvalued movie from Marvel Studios.

That makes me feel even sadder about Spider Man. They emasculated him so much and that film still passed Suicide Squad? Comic lovers these days have really low standards.

Homecoming is not even at $750M worldwide.
It's done good in America but overall it's one of the lowest grossing Spider-Man movies. Even with Iron Man and countless fanfare, it's performing no better worldwide than the ASM movies.

Thank god

Yeah, it was a pretty good film but I'm surprised it passed Civil War, considering Civil War was HEAVILY advertised

Fingers crossed to pass $450,000,000 in domestic.

Every Marvel movie with Iron Man since The Avengers 2012 have passed billion dollars

From what I gathered they skipped over all of that crap because its what people who wanted to see happen? I could be wrong but I don't think anybody was keen to see the origin story for the third time in only a few years.

Crap? You just called the defining elements of Spider Man and his reason for being a superhero "crap"?
By the way, if they wanted to "re-boot" then they should definitely consider giving Spider Man a meaningful reason for existing. As it is, his only reason for existing seems to be to join the Avengers and be part of the greater MCU.

Clearly you don't get the context that I used the word in. Either that or you're taking it literally to hunt for an argument.
And if you did listen carefully in Civil War, he's mentioned all of the stuff you're demanding they show. The only difference is, because everyone knows the story of Spider-Man, they condensed it into 40 seconds rather than 40 minutes. If you actually knew about structuring a good story you should know that the overall theme of a film shouldn't be written on the poster. Look a little deeper than the face value.

1. No it has not always had the marvel STUDIOS brand supporting. In fact disney and marvel have actively tried to sabotage Sony in order to regain the rights.
2. No it is not good for a third movie, especially a marvel third movie. The third iron man and the third cap movie both made a billion.
3. Transformers also did better than WW worldwide so thats not an achievment. By the way Spiderman is a much bigger hero than WW and more internationally recognizable character so he should be doing a lot better than he is actually doing.
4. It's rating means nothing since ratings are just opinions. Opinions of people who are lucky enough to get a platform. The true rating is the box office because that shows how everybody feels about the movie that you wanted to see it once or that you wanted see twice

1. No it has not always had the marvel STUDIOS brand supporting. In fact disney and marvel have actively tried to sabotage Sony in order to regain the rights.
2. No it is not good for a third movie, especially a marvel third movie. The third iron man and the third cap movie both made a billion.
3. Transformers also did better than WW worldwide so thats not an achievment. By the way Spiderman is a much bigger hero than WW and more internationally recognizable character so he should be doing a lot better than he is actually doing.
4. It's rating means nothing since ratings are just opinions. Opinions of people who are lucky enough to get a platform. The true rating is the box office because that shows how everybody feels about the movie that you wanted to see it once or that you wanted see twice

It is bettercthan SS but it still doesn't make it a good movie. It was a huge dissapointment

It is bettercthan SS but it still doesn't make it a good movie. It was a huge dissapointment

I found it better than a lot of recent superhero outings personally but I guess I can see why you disliked it. I don't think having it skip over Peter's back story was an issue though. They did the same thing with Bruce in BvS didn't they?

I'm trying to say that internationally the quality of the movie doesn't matter in the international market considering the kinds of movies that fair better abroad than donestically e.g Fast and Furious franchise, Transformers, the lates pirates of the carribean films e.t.c
Man of Steel is in a completely different boat, it may not have made as much as homecoming but it far exceeded expectations. Everyone thought that superman was a dead franchise because a superman movie at the time had not done well since the first two Christopher Reeve superman films. The fact that it performed as well as it did was a huge triumph for WB. The amazing Spiderman 2 may not have been that well received but audience polls show that the majority were still eager to see an amazing spiderman 3 so you can't use that analogy
You have to be some next level ignorant if you think WW is more popular than spiderman. The thre most recognizable superheroes in the world for the past 3 decades have been. 1. Superman 2. Batman and 3. Spiderman. Research it if you don't believe me.
Dude the fact of the matter is that Spiderman failed to meet expectations, financially and critically (audience and professional). Even the strongest of  marvel fans can admit that.  Given your username and the trend I've noticed of your other comments on various topics relating to DC and Marvel your statements just come off as fanboy apologetics.
I'm ending this thread now, it's gone on too long and I'm bored with the topic. Goodbye and have a nice day. Don't bother replying I've stopped notifications on this so I won't see it if you do

I'm trying to say that internationally the quality of the movie doesn't matter in the international market considering the kinds of movies that fair better abroad than donestically e.g Fast and Furious franchise, Transformers, the lates pirates of the carribean films e.t.c
Man of Steel is in a completely different boat, it may not have made as much as homecoming but it far exceeded expectations. Everyone thought that superman was a dead franchise because a superman movie at the time had not done well since the first two Christopher Reeve superman films. The fact that it performed as well as it did was a huge triumph for WB. The amazing Spiderman 2 may not have been that well received but audience polls show that the majority were still eager to see an amazing spiderman 3 so you can't use that analogy
You have to be some next level ignorant if you think WW is more popular than spiderman. The thre most recognizable superheroes in the world for the past 3 decades have been. 1. Superman 2. Batman and 3. Spiderman. Research it if you don't believe me.
Dude the fact of the matter is that Spiderman failed to meet expectations, financially and critically (audience and professional). Even the strongest of  marvel fans can admit that.  Given your username and the trend I've noticed of your other comments on various topics relating to DC and Marvel your statements just come off as fanboy apologetics.
I'm ending this thread now, it's gone on too long and I'm bored with the topic. Goodbye and have a nice day. Don't bother replying I've stopped notifications on this so I won't see it if you do

I know you won't reply but I always hate when people do this how you gonna say so much but leave so I can't say anything back like first you took everything I said wrong I never said Spider-Man was less popular than Wonder Woman I said she's still pretty popular worldwide plus I made the comparison of GotG which did better and they were super unknown characters also its Superman I doubt too many people thought of it as a dead franchise as you said he's in the top three most popular superheroes plus while MoS did make cash the critical response a lot like Homecoming was divided some called great others hated it so it is a lot like Homecoming but made less. But you won't reply but I just had to say this

Pages 1

You must login or register to post a reply

Forum Oi! → Cinema & TV → WW passes Civil War