Skip to forum content

You are not logged in. Please login or register.

Forum Oi! → Cinema & TV → Hot Toys posts a picture of their DCEU Batman interrogating their DCEU Joker to their Instagram page

Pages 1

You must login or register to post a reply

RSS topic feed

I really want to see Batman's interrogation of Joker that results in a bunch of broken teeth (and subsequently a silver grill). :-)

I'm not going to lie the photo looks really cool hahaha

Sadly, that probably wont happen.
As much as I like that they've made this batman a little older than other versions, that comes with consequences. Most of Batmans most interesting storylines only happen when he's a young batman. (Long Halloween, Dark Victory, Death In The Family) when you make him an older Batman you LOSE the ability to tell those stories because they simply don't work with an older Bats.

Great point. I never thought about that aspect.

In fact, that's why the Joker of Suicide Squad have the "Damaged" tatoo in his forehead.

I hope so. That was my connection too. :-)

Yeah, David Ayer said that in an interview.

Well alright! Thanks for the confirmation.

You're welcome. ^^

For the most part, take elements of those or have them be later
It's not hard to make it work
I don't want a one to one of any of those stories but taking bits and pieces as inspirations to make a meaningful cohesive narrative is what they should be doing

Awesome.

Did you mean a picture of Batman interrogating The Joker?
Why overcomplicate a simple picture?

Then you write more stories. Lol
It's literally that simple.

The only good stories that have been told with a geriatric Batman are The Dark Knight Returns and Kingdom come. Both of which are meant to be hypothetical endpoints for the DC Universe, and I don't think DC wants to end their Cinematic Universe just yet even with the critical lashing they've gotten.
Speaking at which someone needs to send Zack Snyder a copy of kingdom come.

Nolan wrote amazing stories. Lol. And DC can take the "lashing" and keep pushing forward.  That's the price for taking risks. Can't say the same for those other guys.
Spiderkid is more of the same safe kidfluff trash.

Trash that's a hit with audiences and critics.

Pages 1

You must login or register to post a reply

Forum Oi! → Cinema & TV → Hot Toys posts a picture of their DCEU Batman interrogating their DCEU Joker to their Instagram page