Dionysus knew how to party

I always think of him as portrayed in Fantasia.
wanderingeyre.com/wp...

How cute. If only all gods looked like that.

"They say that you're a snow queen. But honey I don't think that's true. So why don't we get drunk, and screw?" - Jimmy Buffet

...we will deal with poetry again..ennius poetry.,..this time...but i have my ..."'reservetions''...i dont know...iam afraid of words because they are powerful...

Ben claimed around 70 kids. Although most of them were just orphans that he wanted to help out, it did add to his reputation as  "Ol' Lightning Rod".

There was a time that gods were plentiful. They were familiar and you could choose a couple that you liked. And they were there for you when you needed them.  As great as is the loss of Bacchus, and also and especially Aphrodite in all her forms , even greater is the loss of  the classics as a foundation of American education. Children who have been denied Homer and The Aeneid and Marcus Aurelius have been deprived of the joy and wisdom upon which the founders of America were nurtured. They are indeed poor.

Oh...the old gods are still around.  smile

I have read several articles done by people who still honor Dionysus that equate Jim Morrison as a priest or incarnation of him. That should give you an idea of what it was like, lol.