Skip to forum content

You are not logged in. Please login or register.

Forum Oi! → Cinema & TV → Joker/Harley movie could happen

Pages 1

You must login or register to post a reply

RSS topic feed

I imagine a Joker film: Starring Detective Crispus Allen investigating a regular crime, but soon discovery that gott a frightener conexion with the Joker.

I don't have anything against Jared Leto but if they do a Joker and Harley movie they better cast someone else as the Clown Prince of Crime, for example Jesse eisenberg, that way they can solve one of the main problems I had with Batman v Superman and cast someone else as Lex Luthor

What? That means you do have a problem with Jared Leto as the Joker. Honestly I think he did a great job, you should see his deleted scenes because your opinion might change. The great thing about his Joker is that it was not trying be like Heath Ledger's version, it was unique.

I will do what you say, I'll give him a chance and watch the deleted scenes but I doubt I'll change my mind. It's not a problem of his quality as an actor or his effort in acting as the Joker in this film, we've all heard how he stayed in character on and offscreen during the shooting and like you said I appreciate his effort of not copying everything Heath Ledger did which would have been easy, or at least to try to do so would have been easy, but a disaster if it didn't work well.
It's just when I think of the Joker I think of I think of the character of the Joker it's not the Joker I saw him play in Suicide Squad, it's like he was very creepy but different character not, definitely a unique one but not the Joker.

Not that Ledger's version was the defiinte one. Or even objectively the best. Ever heard of Nicholson? Hamil's DCAU? Even Romero! Plus, I took a quick look at Leto's deleted scenes. They only reinforced my thoughts that he's probably the worst version to date. No wonder why there's no confirmation of Leto reprising the role in The Batman and further movies.

I doubt it. I bet it won't pass the script draft stage (should it is ever in consideration). That's how far it may get.

Actually I love Nicholson's version and Romero that was ok.  Every version I have no problem with because they all do well in their own universe. I don't why you even mentioned Hamill because that is voice actor...lol.  I haven't seen any legitimate criticism with Jared Leto's joker they always mention how he looks in the movie. That criticism doesn't make sense  since Joker has had a lot different variations in his look. Considering no one has legitimate criticisms for Leto's role as  Joker explains why he wont be removed from future films.

I know Hamill is only a voice... but I was also referring about the characterization, the look, the "attitude" (hence I wrote "DCAU", LOL).
Plus, looks aside (yeah, I'm looking at those stupid tatoos and metal teeth), I'm clearly referring to Leto's acting and how the role was written. I know he's good and all, but I saw nothing of the creepy, anarchic, sadistic Clown Prince on him. I didn't buy for a milisecond that I was watching The Bat's most dangerous nemesis; it seemed like Tony Montana's grandson on crack instead. It's like Ayer and the other writers tried to go back to the original gangster roots of the character... and they failed miserably. And which is even worst, he added nothing to the main plot and felt shoehorned into it. Many wanted more screentime, I wanted no Joker at all. That's my criticism, and I even know some people who would agree with me.
Plus, that pic you're talking about... far as I know, it was a fake or fanmade. So, someone posted it (I don't remember if it was Jared himself on his Intagram, Twitter, whatever...), means it's true, right? Sure, sure...

I saw that image long time ago  I didn't look into that much.  All I know they are not going to get rid of Jared Leto being Joker. It's  tough to criticize an unpredictable character like the Joker. If he is considered crazy the tattoos and metal teeth should fit his character perfectly. Actually Joker has had tattoos before in comics, the character's image has  changed plenty of times.  Joker has dressed in a nursing outfit and no one had a problem with it. Apparently  Joker crosses the line with fans when he has tattoos and a grill...LOL.
The biggest thing why these criticisms aren't legitimate was that he wasn't even antagonist of the Suicide Squad film.  Joker was just a teaser of what he will be in future films. You said Jared Leto's Joker is the "worst joker" and did not display he was Batman's "most dangerous nemesis".  Explain how Jared Leto's is worst than Romero's friendly Joker. Romero's Joker did not display being dangerous at all. You like Romero's version  better than Leto's which doesn't make any sense.

Joker is suppose to look like a Joker, not like a Marilyn Manson groupie.  I hated the different looks in the comics, I hated this too. At least Romero was fun to watch; stupidly fun... but fun at least (and it goes well with the show itself). Leto is cringeworthy, like the film itself, and not for the better.
That screentime, and even the deleted scenes, were enought to me to judge. I know it's part of a tease: that's another thing I hate in these films, I paid for a movie, not an ultra-extended trailer; same with the forced cameos and confusing "future vision" scenes in BvS; there, I "said" it... Joker didn't add a single thing to the plot, and it felt forced, just like those other things I pointed out; so if they wanted me to get me interested into the character... they failed in that too. And this is going to be Bat's biggest enemy in some future film? No, thanks, bud. I'll pass.

And I could name some other ficitional psychos who were more Joker than Leto himself.
-Doom-head (Richard Brake; the film was awful, and he was the best thing. Can you believe it)
-Simon Phoenix (Wesley Snipes)
-Lou Bloom (Jake Gylenhaal)
Any of these actors could've done a way better job (yeah, even Snipes).

Except that Jesse Eisenberg was playing the Joker when he was supposed to play Lex Luthor and Jared Leto played a Joker that was a very very creepy and bizarre character who didn't seem like the Joker, by doing his own take on the character, which can sometimes be something really good he ended up playing a completely new character that was not the Joker. The actors actors themselves are really good but my opinion is they were miscast.

I hope for a Joker and Harley Quinn Movie, I love them together. Now I know their relationship is not healthy, but they do love each other, in their own way. And I hope that there is nothing with the 'relationship' of Poison Ivy and Harley Quinn, because they are only friends and I hope to see their friendship in the movie. If Poison Ivy is going to be in the movie.

I hope for a Joker and Harley Quinn Movie, I love them together. Now I know their relationship is not healthy, but they do love each other, in their own way. And I hope that there is nothing with the 'relationship' of Poison Ivy and Harley Quinn, because they are only friends and I hope to see their friendship in the movie. If Poison Ivy is going to be in the movie.

From your first statement it already shows that your knowledge of Lex Luthor is pretty limited. Clearly you're repeating stuff you heard from somewhere. Jesse Eisenberg was playing early Lex Luthor. That is Lex Luthor when he first started out who was a mad scientist and eventually developed into the Lex you know today, so just like the DCEU supes is growing so is Lex.
Here are some panels of early Lex next to Eisenberg's Lex
https://uploads.disquscdn.c... https://uploads.disquscdn.c...
https://youtu.be/JIdwjUSFzMw
As for Leto's joker there were a few problems with him but nothing that you  mentioned. For one thing he was completely comic accurate. His tattoos and his look are accurate to different versions of the joker and his personality is from Brian Azzarello's joker comic. It's not very wise to say he isn't like the joker when the joker is a character that constantly reinvents himself. To say he isn't like the joker is completely false. The problem with Brian Azzarello's joker is that he doesn't work in a cinematic universe. Ayer picked the wrong version of joker, actually any problem with Leto's joker is David Ayer's fault. If you've read Azzarello's comic you'll see that Leto played that joker perfectly, his acting was fine, it was just drowned in a bunch of bad decisions made by Ayer. If they need to change anything it's the director and not the actor they should change. Ayer and Leto aren't a good match and Ayer and Joker aren't a good match.

From your first statement it already shows that your knowledge of Lex Luthor is pretty limited. Clearly you're repeating stuff you heard from somewhere. Jesse Eisenberg was playing early Lex Luthor. That is Lex Luthor when he first started out who was a mad scientist and eventually developed into the Lex you know today, so just like the DCEU supes is growing so is Lex.
Here are some panels of early Lex next to Eisenberg's Lex
https://uploads.disquscdn.c... https://uploads.disquscdn.c...
https://youtu.be/JIdwjUSFzMw
As for Leto's joker there were a few problems with him but nothing that you  mentioned. For one thing he was completely comic accurate. His tattoos and his look are accurate to different versions of the joker and his personality is from Brian Azzarello's joker comic. It's not very wise to say he isn't like the joker when the joker is a character that constantly reinvents himself. To say he isn't like the joker is completely false. The problem with Brian Azzarello's joker is that he doesn't work in a cinematic universe. Ayer picked the wrong version of joker, actually any problem with Leto's joker is David Ayer's fault. If you've read Azzarello's comic you'll see that Leto played that joker perfectly, his acting was fine, it was just drowned in a bunch of bad decisions made by Ayer. If they need to change anything it's the director and not the actor they should change. Ayer and Leto aren't a good match and Ayer and Joker aren't a good match.

The only thing I don't agree with you on is that I picked my opinion from somewhere. that actually was my own opinion, they didn't seem like Lex Luthor and the Joker to me and that's an issue I had with both movies. But I'll agree with you that I don't know all that much about the DC comic universe yet (But I am reading and learning each week). Who knows as I read more andI learn more about DC I will be able to give a more experienced opinion  and perhaps  I'll share your view then or perhaps not.

The only thing I don't agree with you on is that I picked my opinion from somewhere. that actually was my own opinion, they didn't seem like Lex Luthor and the Joker to me and that's an issue I had with both movies. But I'll agree with you that I don't know all that much about the DC comic universe yet (But I am reading and learning each week). Who knows as I read more andI learn more about DC I will be able to give a more experienced opinion  and perhaps  I'll share your view then or perhaps not.

Pages 1

You must login or register to post a reply

Forum Oi! → Cinema & TV → Joker/Harley movie could happen