Skip to forum content

You are not logged in. Please login or register.

Forum Oi! → Cinema & TV → Mark Hughes makes it clear on twitter that the "re-shoots" for JL are all new scenes

Pages 1

You must login or register to post a reply

RSS topic feed

Remember people they butchered Suicide Squad in post in response to Batman v Superman being received poorly. Who knows they might have done something similar thanks to the good reception Wonder Woman got by the General Public.
Either way I'm really freaking scared theyre butchering it in post like they did for Suicide Squad.

Yes. Yes we are DEEPLY worried.
Like I said at this point IM pretty much resigned to the fact that Justice League is going to be a tonally dissonant mess thanks to the studio being extremely sensitive to backlash,
I just hope it's not such a mess that we can't move past it. Because if the Studio interference and clash of creative directions gets to be so bad that the movie can't function as a film? Then all that success from Wonder Woman will have been for nothing.

This is true about SS, but I would imagine that they're also keenly aware of that.
Also, studio interference into BvS to trim it down from its originally planned 3:01 run time to 2:31 was clearly a mistake.
And with SS they reportedly brought in... yes, the music video production company that shot the trailers (!!!) to film the new "dossier" scenes at the beginning. Of course then they must have had to delete a substantial amount of footage from elsewhere in the film (from whichever of the reportedly 6-7 versions of the film that David Ayer said he shot). So that almost had to have harmed the narrative flow.
The difference is presumably that 1) they have learned from those mistakes (we can only hope), and 2) this time they have a seasoned pro in Joss Whedon to handle the post production.

That is something to be concerned about, because WW definitely is going to give a huge boost to JL's sales but if people find it not the same or just too different it can backfire hard on the studio.
Another concern is if these added or re-shot scenes clash with the tone of the film.  Personally I imagine any reshoots or added shoots will try their best to blend in with the rest of the film so I'm not concerned in terms of tonal continuity.  I'm just more interested how movie goers might react to a JL which should be more similar to previous outings.  Coupled with your concern about how the studio really clenches tight with control (as Marvel/Disney will with their directors as well) in trying to steer closer to WW's tone given its success.

Lol, he's not only replacing Zack's work he replaced Zack altogether.

Fallacy. Read the tweets again.

Watching Mark Hughes and stutteringly pathetic charm is about as appealing to me as closing my scrotum in a dvd case

Pages 1

You must login or register to post a reply

Forum Oi! → Cinema & TV → Mark Hughes makes it clear on twitter that the "re-shoots" for JL are all new scenes