Skip to forum content

You are not logged in. Please login or register.

Forum Oi! → Chit-Chat → Insanity and wisdom

Pages 1

You must login or register to post a reply

RSS topic feed

We are trained (both overtly and subversively) from birth to be believers of the unbelievable. That has a way of distorting our thought processes.

"Everyone is crazy but me and thee...and sometimes I wonder about thee." (attributed to Robert Owen)

If you are sane, why did you live with an insane person for 30 years?

Sorry couldn't finish your post. Far too long

What does people's heads in is endeavouring to make sense of the world. 'Tis easier to deal with Life once this is realised: the world is clinically insane..
Why waste energy trying to make sense of that which is stark, raving bonkers?
We have bankers lending money which does not exist ('credit') and charging interest on it; we have doctors supposedly healing the sick when when the biggest killer in the U.S. is the treatment - the response to cancer is to kill the patient with chemotherapy and radiation which destroys the immune system and leaves the patient even more vulnerable to any number of ailments; we have vaccines allegedly boosting the immune system while actually destroying it; we have scientists telling us how everything works when they haven't a clue about the true nature of reality and therefore not a clue about how anything works; we have teachers telling children whatever an insane systeme dictates no matter how flawed and mendcious it may be; we have men in skirts telling their congregations that all they ever need to know is between the covers of a single book, the Bible, the Talmud, the Koran or similar and crazier still, there are billions of people actually believing them; we have political parties competing for office when behind the scenes all are controlled by the same force which is why the agenda stays the same no matter who is allegedly in power; we eat and drink chemical poisons in food and in water ... on and on.
Michael Ellner sums it all up quite nicely, quote:
"Just look at us. Everything is backwards. Everything is upside down. Doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, psychiatrists destroy minds, scientists destroy truth, major media destroys information, religion destroys spirituality and governments destroy freedom.

Honestly, Klittan, you sound a little scattered yourself. It is hard for the reader to surmise who legally owns "one of the buildings," who are "the family" and "the owner" regarding another fallen tree, and what these peoples' relationships are to each other and to you? You "look out into the world and [are] amazed of the insanity in it." I have a hard time understanding your sense. I can imagine myself making the mistake of putting up the wrong wallpaper in my bathroom, and if I did, I wouldn't be "insane." It's just a goof.
You mentioned drugs and alcohol. If your spiritual father, and/or yourself, suffer from substance abuse (you didn't say or imply this), it's not surprising if that person doesn't work, think or reason well, and that that person develops a habitually narrow outlook of their capabilities. Depression or other mood problems may set in. Rehab and therapy can help.
I'm trying to speak compassionately. My late girlfriend was an active alcoholic for the first 10 years of our relationship. I've seen some terrible things. And, yes, it was my choice to stay and hope for her awakening instead of leaving the chaos. I did the same thing over and over again, as you did in your situation, which was counter-productive, but it seems a stretch to label a person "insane" for that reason. That pattern of behavior seems woven into our society for some deep, old reasons, and very many people struggle with family and friends who are emotionally quite ill and can benefit and even start to break free, by work in counseling. The same is true for the family and friends strongly connected to their lives.

Pascal.    I don't think I understand.
My contention is that unles one puts energy into any "system" , the system falls to a lower energy state and eventually reverts to chaos,
Let face it some folks have faulty wiring in the brain and thus have functional brain disorders. Some folks are poorly or inadequately "programmed", and yet another subset of folks is too low energy to put effort into improving their own life support system.
The functionally disordered simply can not be self reliant and responsible, it is best to help them keep calm so they can carry on.
Those that are inculcated and conditioned to select for their wants, wishes and beliefs, at the expense of  their practical needs by accepting their own responsibility to better themselves  will have to be satisfied with whatever happens, i.e. Chaos.  Think of the dude that spends his money on beer, lottery tickets and drag racing but can't pay the rent, power bill and eat nutritious food.
Then we have the folks that have been reared as to what to believe, and blissfully endure the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune of their own making, and never consider the fact that they are programmed as to what to think but seldom give much thought how to think, effectively and efficiently. These folks endure the results of their poor judgements and lack of critical reasoning skills like it was a badge of honor.
Dare I suggest the more thought and effort one puts into striving for excellence as a daily habit, the better the personal satisfaction of living well. The less the effort, the more chaos, the more one reacts to personal chaos the greater the risk for all the loose screws needing to be torqued to specs. It takes effort to maintain order.

Really.

I love this.

Pages 1

You must login or register to post a reply

Forum Oi! → Chit-Chat → Insanity and wisdom