Skip to forum content

You are not logged in. Please login or register.

Forum Oi! → Cinema & TV → [EXTRA] Mark Hamill Says Superhero Movies Need ‘Better Stories’

Pages 1

You must login or register to post a reply

RSS topic feed

I'm sure some people will be offended by Mark's comments but I think he has a point. Its hard to deny the similarities between the majority of the films in the MCU. However every once in a while you get a film like Logan that changes everything. Hopefully Logan will help some other original stories to get a green light.

Gotta agree.  With the huge surplus of superhero films, all studios need to work on improving and expanding the concept.  Otherwise, like I said in another forum, the genre will go the way of the Western Epic.

Nope. Hamill has been blessed enough to be closely associated with two of the greatest antagonists in fiction, Vader and Joker. I don't think comicbook markets are over saturated. Is the world over saturated with Vader? Hell no. Vader is one of the greatest villains ever fleshed out. It's the thin layer of well developed antagonists in comic book movies that could be addressed. Hero and villain make a whole story. We know the heros well, development of memorable villains can keep cbms fresh. Idk. Marvel has taken years to build Thanos, WB/DC threw everyone from Zod to Katana in a few movies, Fox has come close with Magneto. I'm real interested in the route taken for Black Adam as sort of an anti hero, grey hero.

Pages 1

You must login or register to post a reply

Forum Oi! → Cinema & TV → [EXTRA] Mark Hamill Says Superhero Movies Need ‘Better Stories’