Skip to forum content

You are not logged in. Please login or register.

Forum Oi! → Cinema & TV → Every character identified in the new DC into (possible future DCEU spoilers)

Pages 1

You must login or register to post a reply

RSS topic feed

The people are not really ready for this .. I just saying.. I'll see you in 2019

The DCEU film universe seems to be adopting a 'take it slow' approach. I think they're waiting to see how things go mainly with WW and JL. Although of course Aquaman as well, but to a lesser extent, i.e., they have less concern about that picture.
I mean some of these films we're definitely going to see. Batgirl and The Batman, for sure. I have no doubt that Black Adam is coming probably in 2019. (The Rock is one of the biggest box office draws in the world, and it seems his fans don't give a crap what RT score the films he is in get). But there are only so many movies to fit into 2019!
So far, so good re: the DCEU's "rehabilitation" under Geoff Johns--just strictly from a business standpoint, I mean. WW is a hit and it looks like it will perform well at the box office. The media narrative (as the guy in this video is expressing) about Joss Whedon coming on board for JL is actually helpful to allow the Snyder haters to enjoy that movie (if indeed it is a really good, or hopefully great, film).
Aquaman looks like pure fun, and it also looks like Jason Mamoa kind of steals the show from the trailers. So I think they're probably the least worried about that one.
These films are expensive to make, so perhaps WB also just needs to make sure that the ones in development in the short run are most likely to turn a profit! And that means a more conservative approach than Zack Snyder used with MoS and BvS (as excellent and groundbreaking as both films are).

Pages 1

You must login or register to post a reply

Forum Oi! → Cinema & TV → Every character identified in the new DC into (possible future DCEU spoilers)