Skip to forum content

You are not logged in. Please login or register.

Forum Oi! → Chit-Chat → Shulkin explains the NEW veteran's choice plan to be exactly what the old one was.

Pages 1

You must login or register to post a reply

RSS topic feed

f*ck these cheddar dicks--and guess how they got to smell like cheddar? That's right! Veterans eat a lot of cheese.

Congress and Department of Veterans Affairs officials are in the middle of overhauling the program. Here are some reasons:
The VA's most recent data show compared with last year, there are now 70,000 more appointments that kept a veteran waiting at least a month to get care.
A March General Accounting Office report shows the Choice program had little impact on getting veterans to see a primary care physician in 30 days.
Thousands of veterans referred to the program are returning to the VA for care — sometimes because the program couldn't find a doctor for them, and for 28,287 vets, because the private doctor they were told to see was too far away, according to data NPR obtained from the VA.
The VA's own inspector general found that Colorado Springs, Colo., veterans were waiting longer than 30 days for care because staff at the local VA hospital was not adding them to the list of patients eligible for the Choice program.
The VA recently set up a hotline to help veterans who have issues with their credit because the programs hadn't paid doctors on time.
The GAO tells NPR that the VA's claims process is so backed up that the VA could easily spend more money this year on interest for late payments than Medicare does, even though Medicare processes hundreds of billions of dollars more in claims.
Congress gave the VA only 90 days from the day it was signed into law to implement the Choice program. In a VA document justifying its decision not to open up the contract to bidders, the VA cited the "hyper-accelerated" pace imposed by Congress. Typically, a program of this size would take at least a year to create.
I think we can safely say Government run health care fails, sorry I mean the VA. https://uploads.disquscdn.c...

hahaha I don't remember that part of FMJ, but I bet Hartman called people cheddar dick a lot--especially VA employees, as that's now their official name. lol
I'm actually just about to go to bed, but I read your facts and they agree with my own discovery. It's too bad the "massive overhaul" is only to people's perceptions.
It's not a massive overhaul if things are the same as they were, and I'm not seeing a difference at all, at least a positive one.
My mistake--there is ONE difference, now they're able to pay for the same situation by reducing benefits for veterans.
These assholes would LITERALLY sell us our own suicide.

Pages 1

You must login or register to post a reply

Forum Oi! → Chit-Chat → Shulkin explains the NEW veteran's choice plan to be exactly what the old one was.