Skip to forum content

You are not logged in. Please login or register.

Forum Oi! → Chit-Chat → Immortality

Pages 1

You must login or register to post a reply

RSS topic feed

Stick with the actual and unavoidable immortality, which I prefer.
I EXIST (the one and only thing I can "prove"). Everything I have ever been and ever done has set forth [waves] of causality. These will diverge, compound, rebound across the cosmos and throughout spacetime. They can never be destroyed, but they WILL change forms, continuing to influence existence for as long as there's a Universe. The fact that I exist will ultimately change the precise manner in which the Universe ends (or doesn't). And every moment I remain alive I can actively trend that influence toward one of my own design.  FACT   

well if i dont get sick then biological one. & if i dont get sick then the glory one.

Faith is kinda a damper on philosophy, isn't it? It's deferring your own irrelevant perceptions and musings  to those of an entity whom you trust unconditionally, and cannot hope to comprehend.   Or have I oversimplified?.

I'm starting to think that we are all immortal in some ways, since we are matters; made of energy -- cannot be destroyed nor created, but can be change from one form to another.
There are many atoms (came from our ancestor and cosmic space) in a single molecule of our DNA, we are, each of us, is a little universe continuing to live in existence.

Biological obviously.
And given enough time spent wisely, the likelihood would grow in achieving the other kind.
The interaction with other people would be troublesome though. If you were the only immortal - you better don't bring too much attention to yourself. There will be plenty of people who'll want to dissect you or test how immortal are you exactly.

Well, there is a concept in physics which says that total energy of the universe equals to 0, actually.

How is this comment relevant to my thread though?

One of my own early struggles with faith was its resistance to questioning, probing. No doubt that varies by faith and creed. But within the structures of my own background, questioning was reliably shunned as a lack of faith and quickly quashed. I eventually sought solutions elsewhere. Though it would be folly to presume my experiences are comparable with anyone else's. smile

Oh, I've read some lectures from Lawrence Krauss regarding that idea, and while it's still a hypothesis, the evidence to back it, is building.
https://www.youtube.com/wat...

Well, I find it relevant in that fantasy only serves to lead us away from the truth that can help and even save us.  No use pretending you've been offered two wonderful imaginary jobs, for example, when a real job offer is sitting in front of you.  But I really didn't want to derail your thread, so will delete my original post.  Take care.

No need. It IS a philosophy. That there are things which cannot be known, and life is short enough to focus on what's tangible, acceptable.

I have no interest in what others think of my life and actions or in what might inspire them. While I'd like a long and healthy life, biological immortality might be more curse then blessing. I might risk it if I was able to live in relative obscurity.

I think if you have your beloved friends and family with you, or if you're accompanied by other immortals, then it is a blessing.

Currently watching The Age of Adaline movie, according to this movie, it is more of a curse, the cons outweighs the pros, lmao.

I'm aiming for 140 years. That may be over optimistic and perhaps 120 years is more realistic. In either case I'm over half way so - so far, so good.
I am finding Life gets better and better as the years go by and if one ignores the mainstream media and it's fear and doom p*rn and focuses on daily living, it will be found that overall, things are changing for the better and will continue to change for the better.
We're heading for a wonderful future and I intend to experience at least it's beginning. That said, it's already begun - 'tis just not yet blindingly obvious.

I'm aiming for 140 years. That may be over optimistic and perhaps 120 years is more realistic. In either case I'm over half way so - so far, so good.
I am finding Life gets better and better as the years go by and if one ignores the mainstream media and it's fear and doom p*rn and focuses on daily living, it will be found that overall, things are changing for the better and will continue to change for the better.
We're heading for a wonderful future and I intend to experience at least it's beginning. That said, it's already begun - 'tis just not yet blindingly obvious.

Er ... you don't see you in the mirror. What you see in the mirror is a reflection of your physical/material/biological form which is not you. https://uploads.disquscdn.c...

Er ... you don't see you in the mirror. What you see in the mirror is a reflection of your physical/material/biological form which is not you. https://uploads.disquscdn.c...

Millions do not accept the fact of an inevitable "afterlife" which is
really tangible, where there is compensation and retribution. They
believe that earth is the only life they will ever have. So logically
they argue that if the physical is all, let us have the best it has to
offer. This is the cause of war. This leads people to hate, to
subjugate, to imprison and even to kill one another.

Yup - the future is gonna be great!

Pages 1

You must login or register to post a reply

Forum Oi! → Chit-Chat → Immortality