Skip to forum content

You are not logged in. Please login or register.

Forum Oi! → Chit-Chat → Supreme Court rules that Congressmen must now get their medical care from the VA, along with all the soldiers they're f*ck*ng...

Pages 1

You must login or register to post a reply

RSS topic feed

I think that would be very, very interesting . . . You bet things would change . . . .assholes don't do squat 'til it's their ox gets gored. . . .

Indeed, it is difficult to believe in the Devil when we have been raised on a diet of . . .
You know I don't even know a plain word for what we're being fed.
Ideological thinking based ginned up conflict comes close.
Mind fvck comes close.
Gaslighting is an aspect, one aspect, of the manipulation that can take place in an abusive relationship. Apply that on a massive scale in a sick leader/follower relationship and you can begin to believe in the Devil.
Not the Devil out there, but the Devil in us.
But, just as no one wants to believe the abused person's story . . .
Because it is too self-damning to believe THAT about a normally functional fellow citizen.
And this happens at all levels and in all unequal power relationships.
Not always, but often enough.
Because the Devil is in us, but, just to make matters really difficult, Good also abides in us. Sometimes in relative purity.
Just like in the old cartoons. A demon at one ear and an angel at the other.
As I said to one of your earnest posts, You are not alone. Not exactly.

First off, thank you for putting so much work into that post. I consider it a real compliment to the channel when someone puts effort into their writing. Believe me, I notice.
I learned in the Army that fanatics cluster. People who radically train all the time tend to notice others who do the same. In the same way, I've discovered the objective cluster as well, but because objectivity is abstract, we don't visually notice it in others. It only comes by way of expression, transmissive or receptive. We talk, we listen, we read, we write, we discover eachother that way.
In the same way we learn to group people by better criteria than the groups present themselves to be accepted, as we settle on our own interest in objectivity over the social acceptance provided by groupthink, we initially are very alone. Eventually, we discover there is a hidden class of people in the world, united yet undefined, who relate to eachother by way of sensed and transmitted mutual respect for objectivity.
It may seem lonely, but that loneliness disappears when we discover that like the biased thinking we've severed from our priorities, it was always a lie we traded for inclusion, and by taking that leap, we became part of the greatest society of all, that of the Neohumans, the new humanity--defined purely by behavior, a society that needs no name at all.
I just like to call it that: The Neohumans.
https://vimeo.com/88936267

I recognize and appreciate the effort, too.
Have you come across, "Orphan Black"?
Rather a dark take on self directed evolution.
Funny too. At times.
Maybe the singularity will happen.
But not in time for me to be rescued.
Maybe you are young enough.

Orphan Black? An unfamiliar name--but I'll check it out. It sounds like what those "Butterfly Effect" movies could have been, if they'd only extrapolated the movie from the name, instead of a freak show of every fked up thing that could happen to a human being for some reason.

Well, it is a kind of freak show, I suppose.
And I'm trying to wean myself off distracting entertainment, which is part of our collective problem. So I probably shouldn't be promoting such.
It's just so seductive to watch something that's done well, even if it's really not good for you.

Well, it is a kind of freak show, I suppose.
And I'm trying to wean myself off distracting entertainment, which is part of our collective problem. So I probably shouldn't be promoting such.
It's just so seductive to watch something that's done well, even if it's really not good for you.

It's a complex ecosystem of instincts and motivations out there. I argue things as I see them, but I don't have everything down perfectly, nor does anyone really--but that's just life.
I do think there's a colossal epiphany when one discovers the difference between access and retrieval. A cable company, for example, gives us ACCESS--channels with programs they have arranged, which we can choose from. The internet, on the other hand, gives us RETRIEVAL--the ability to start with our own inception of what we want, then reach into the entire universe and find it.
The difference is that ACCESS has limitations imposed according to OTHERS' agendas, not our own.
I might have more to say later, when I can dedicate more brainpower. Right now I'm juggling a bunch of channels and a backlog of replies.

The difference between access and retrieval is much easier to understand if you don't try to understand it in a formulaic way. It's not an absolute construct. It's basically just the difference in buying whatever candy the girl scout at your door happens to have on her, or owning Willy Wonka's factory.

Got it.
This is why I don't have a TV, but I do have an internet connection.
Life is too short to watch advertising.
And let's not forget the public library.

As elegantly stated as profoundly true.

The "asshat" and "your masters" comments are just shoving, and if you resort to shoving on my channel, I'll shove back and win every time. So, got anything analytical to say, or are you just not housebroken, and need to be put in your place?

Hey NULL,
Don't let that "Asshat" get to you, just another SJW living in his parents basement.
It's funny what anonymity does for cowards, which is why they wear masks in real life as well.
You seem more then a little stressed these days, don't mean to pry, hope your feeling better, remember, never allow others to rent space in your head, your the owner and landlord, you can control the rent and renters, evict them just like a boss!

Thanks, I actually only gathered that for others to see that I wasn't just whimsically banning someone and gave plenty of opportunity for him to comply.
Thanks for the interest, but I'm not bothered by him at all. I am a little bothered by the VA lately. There's a lot going on there and none of it good--and none of it specific to me. I'll be posting some important developments this morning. It's not just political interest, in contrast to my getting annoyed at others for the same thing. It's that my ass depends directly on what happens to the VA. Less than a week ago, I sh*t you not, I had a VA shrink place a psychiatrist in front of me named "Hasan," who is a Muslim, and looks almost exactly like the Ft. Hood shooter, also a Muslim psychiatrist named Hasan, and had him basically interrogate me with really stupid questions designed to lull me into some cooperation with some mindgame they're talking to eachother about, and not me. It wouldn't be the first time either. VA shrinks have a thing about fking with patients. I once had a VA shrink say she thought that my inability to sleep the previous night was a sign of being bipolar--despite my being there in crisis because my friend had hanged himself. She seriously dismissed my friend's suicide, in support of rediagnosing me, and had read literally none of the copious notes spanning over a decade. I asked who she had discussed it with, and what she had read to conclude that, and she said "nobody, nothing." We'd only be talking for less than a minute.
What makes it difficult is that, and most veterans are not aware of this, the VA has an entirely separate communication system for doctors, that the patient is ruled off from even knowing about, so they're all talking to eachother. I personally verified this with the Release of Information Office. Don't take my word for it, try it yourself. Go down and demand ALL the records, including doctors private communications with eachother, and they will balk at that point, and in my case, explained the other communications system (database).
I believe this is partially the reason why the government does not want to allow veterans to see outside doctors. They can't manage the private communications database to include every doctor out there, and HIPPA for private hospitals forbid doctors from secret communications from the patients that the VA is relieved from.
Another thing is that I type pretty fast, so there's usually a lot of content, which, coupled with my trend of cussing a lot and the like, probably looks like I'm a lot more emotional about things than I am.
Anyway, I've got a heart full of love for my users--as long as they're not dicks to me in my house, and as long as they respect mine and eachother's purpose with discussions, and not try to run over the topic with their own.
I'm going to go get some sleep now. smile

Hey NULL,I'm on my phone or I would copy the link, check out military matters channel, they brought up a treatment for PTSD, a drug that interrupts the flight or fight response. Gives you a break and let's you get relief from the anxiety.

I think this is the one you mean?
https://forum.com/home/dis...
It looks promising and worth exploring, which it looks like what they're doing with experiments and studies. Once they get through experimenting on other people, if the results are good, I'll look into it. I made a decision a while ago to simply end the experiments on me, though. Having been through damn near every PTSD-related drug in the VA pharmacy, I've experienced some of the negatives of allowing doctors to experiment with medicine. The worst effects were when they used an anti-seizure drug which gave me what seemed to be a minor stroke or "transient ischemic attack," and one they took an EKG first because they said it could change the signal to my heart--which gave me what felt like a small heart-attack, but turned out not to be. Besides this, there are at least 2 dozen other issues I've experienced that I don't want to turn a post into a novel over.
I've learned that it's just not worth it anymore to rely on drugs at all if you can avoid it. They all have side-effects and they all suck at best, and can injure or kill you at worst. The two drugs I had the best luck with were mirtazapine and hydroxyzine, but the mirtazapine only helps if you're walking or running a lot.
Anyway, thanks for the lookout. The real thing that will ease my mind isn't any drug or treatment, but knowing if my body gives out at some point, I won't end up depending on an institution full of jackoffs because veterans, as a class, are forbidden the same high standard of care the government gives to rapists and cop-killers under the ACA. That's the solution.

That's it!
I'm just thankful my private insurance is A+++

How's this for really putting things in perspective? All the government would have to do to fix everything is add the $100/mo ACA fee to compensation every month, and remove the bar on veterans from healthcare.gov.
I wonder what would happen if they forced all members of another class to go to certain government-run hospitals, like black people, for example--or Jews.
I don't care anymore today. I'm watching Big Lebowski, and I have every intention of cheering up and getting back into the routine of hot chicks and funny sh*t.

Its a frickin conspiracy I tell you! Lol.

Looks like it's sticking now. smile

Pages 1

You must login or register to post a reply

Forum Oi! → Chit-Chat → Supreme Court rules that Congressmen must now get their medical care from the VA, along with all the soldiers they're f*ck*ng...