Skip to forum content

You are not logged in. Please login or register.

Forum Oi! → Cinema & TV → Zack Snyder Compares Wonder Woman To Batman V Superman

Pages 1

You must login or register to post a reply

RSS topic feed

Decent article. It actually gives Zack Snyder credit for the vision of what Wonder Woman is in the WW film, and shows that he is responsible for the consistent vision of her character.
People can talk all they want, but Zack Snyder is a genius. I read some other articles on Screen Rant about rumours of other directors for the other DC films, but I suspect that Zack has first preference over anyone, so suck on that all you Joss Whedon/Bryan Singer fanboys!

The problems with MoS and BvS weren't Snyder's fault but rather WB's.  They had rigid requirements that didn't work out.  They took a slightly more hands off approach with Suicide Squad, which suffered from writing but the directing was enjoyable, and an even more hands off approach with WW, which was to the full benefit of that movie.
Hopefully, WB execs learned their lesson.  Neither MoS nor BvS were terrible but I could have picked 15 mins in MoS to just remove that would have tightened it up and make it more enjoyable and about 30 of BvS to remove that would have made it better as well

Well I disagree a bit. I think that they should have released the ultimate cut of BvS because that answered a lot of the questions and strange things that happened in the actual release version. Cutting the released version more would just have made it unwatchable and too shallow in my opinion.
As for Man of Steel, I quite liked the film as it was. Also for Suicide Squad, but again some of the deleted scenes there fleshed out things more and should maybe have been left in.

SS squad had to Re-shoot on the request of WB after the BvS feedback. 
WB were to dumb to notice the BvS feedback was down to them cutting the movie. People were complaining that they were lost with what was going on and lost interest in the movie. Snyder was against the cuts. It was not his fault at all. He made a great movie.
So why WB stuck there nose in on SS squad is beyond me. Another Critical failure because the editing was once again messed around with.
MoS was amazing i would not want anything done differently with that. This movie was split between fans because it was the first Superhero movie that was done differently to Marvels two universes. No one could understand change.
"WHAT DO YOU MEAN ITS NOT FUN AND COLOURFUL, I DON'T THINK A SUPERHERO MOVIE CAN BE LIKE THIS"

I think it Man of Steel was a fantastic film. It took Superman where he had never really gone before (except maybe Superman 3 a bit).

I think it Man of Steel was a fantastic film. It took Superman where he had never really gone before (except maybe Superman 3 a bit).

Probably the first 2/3rds of Man of Steel was quite good. The last 1/3rd suffered from the excess of Snyder action sequences (almost Michael Bay-like) and weak character development. I like a lot of the groundwork laid out on Superman's origin and his internal conflict in both Man of Steel and BvS but then it goes to the wayside in favor of utter destruction and action.

Probably the first 2/3rds of Man of Steel was quite good. The last 1/3rd suffered from the excess of Snyder action sequences (almost Michael Bay-like) and weak character development. I like a lot of the groundwork laid out on Superman's origin and his internal conflict in both Man of Steel and BvS but then it goes to the wayside in favor of utter destruction and action.

I have to disagree. The end of the film really showed the type of destruction that could ensue from Supermen fighting, and that was a spectacle that really needed to be seen and imagined. Also, the consequences of that were far-reaching, giving motivation to Batman, Wonder Woman, and Lex.
Marvel had a battle that was supposed to be comparable (the battle with Loki) but it was so sanitized as to be totally lacking in impact. In contrast, the Man of Steel battle was a study of possible consequences of superhero warfare.

I agree with you that the first part of MoS where you learn about what it is to be different was good (hence I said the first 2/3rds were good).
I do disagree on the final fight. The plotting of the film raced so as to dispense with more realistic depictions of Clark learning his powers, Zod learning his powers, and charged toward a long, long fight sequence.
And of course, there's the killing of Zod. Sure, in the new DCEU it appears killing is justified for both Batman and Superman. I just don't like that direction. I think that's the big directional difference between the DCEU and the comics, and somewhat destroys the essence of the two major characters. Contrast this to a seminal piece of work like Kingdom Come, where these aspects of Wonder Woman, Batman, and Superman are explored.
Rather than snapping the neck, how about breaking both legs and arms, and blinding Zod? Clark should be way more powerful than Zod, having soaked the radiation from Earth's son for years vs. days for Zod. I find there to be a few too many convenient twists in the movie.

Pages 1

You must login or register to post a reply

Forum Oi! → Cinema & TV → Zack Snyder Compares Wonder Woman To Batman V Superman