Skip to forum content

You are not logged in. Please login or register.

Forum Oi! → Cinema & TV → Patty could have more influence in the future

Pages 1

You must login or register to post a reply

RSS topic feed

Just Love Gal Gadot, cashed in pretty much. Would love to see her in a sequel.

Ira true

"...those Collider regulars, because they don't like BvS and SS. Most of them see BvS and SS as missteps which in BvS case at least is accurate only in terms of critical acceptance."
Pleading ignorance here, because I have no clue what Collider is, but I know I'd be interested in Jenkins being a "new shaper" because I disliked MoS, BvS, and SS to the point where I want them to fix what's not worked [for me] and get this universe in line.
Maybe I'm saying the same thing with less venom, but is it possible that Collider regulars are looking at this from a position of hope, rather than animosity?
Gosh. I'm getting optimistic in my old age. Ha!

"Getting men to try and get a female perspective and get female fans interested in the wonder of comics..."
How about simply getting the female perspective in order to create a more well-rounded world and set of characters? The films will succeed if you're connecting with the audience, rather than trying to capture a different segment of it.
I'm not sure if I'm contradicting you or adding to what you said.

This reminds of the ol' "Do you want just another Washington insider?" v "Vote for somebody with decades of experience!"
Sometimes you get too close to the material, and somebody on the outside brings a breath of fresh air. Especially when (if you value this sort of thing) we accept that the RT/critics/reviews were night and day between WW and the three previous DCEU flicks, I'd suggest that fresh air was needed.

That's a fair way of putting it, the Collider gang isn't venomous at all, actually. They typically politely say BvS and SS are "divisive at best" or use similar language.
The problem that those of us that love what Snyder has done have, is that from our point of view detractors fundamentally fail to grasp why BvS is great. (Very few people I know feel SS is a "great" movie. Rather, they enjoy the characters mainly. So I'll leave that out of consideration. Or I will just quickly mention that imo SS could have been a fantastic film with just a couple of additional scenes. But that ship has sailed. Unless there is footage of what I feel is missing in the other 5-6 versions that Ayer said he shot before the studio panicked and did reshoots to "fun up" the film.)
This is a matter of taste ultimately. My beef is when people assert that a film that isn't to their taste is "bad" or poorly made. In so doing they disrespect the fact that others enjoy it. There are some cases where films are indeed bad but BvS is not one of them.
I can't ask anyone else to like the film for the reasons that I do, but I am going to defend the film as great at every opportunity because that is my experience of it.
This divide isn't going to go away. Not ever, best I can see. The die is cast for this CU to be split among those that love and admire what Snyder has done with MoS and BvS (and soon JL), and those that dislike it.
I don't need anything course corrected. But it is going to be, and there is a great risk that it s going to end up a watered down, "safe," pale imitation of the MCU.
I love the MCU for what it is. But I don't want the DCEU to be that.

I agree with your points.

I agree with your points.

One of my comments on this discussion got detected as spam for some reason. Please could you check it out?

One of my comments on this discussion got detected as spam for some reason. Please could you check it out?

Approved it

Approved it

Thanks man.

Pages 1

You must login or register to post a reply

Forum Oi! → Cinema & TV → Patty could have more influence in the future