Skip to forum content

You are not logged in. Please login or register.

Forum Oi! → Cinema & TV → Geoff Johns teases his new DC Comics Crossover

Pages 1

You must login or register to post a reply

RSS topic feed

I hope not. If they make Prime the villain AGAIN, after ALL of these Watchmen teases over the last year (and a half by November), then it'd just be recycling several Superboy-Prime stories and ... then what about the Watchmen? IDK, I guess it's not that big of a deal if he's revealed to Mr. Oz (maybe), but he CAN'T be the ultimate force behind everything ... or maybe he can?
Can't count anything out at this point until the Summer storylines are resolved, including this week's "The Button" in "The Flash." And you can never count out Geoff Johns, as he can pull just about anything out of his hat.

Fixed it

So, this is the offfical synopsis that was just posted on Newsarama ... to me, it kind of feels like it revealed spoilers we haven't came across yet though -- it says the epilogue to this week's end of "The Button" will "set the stage" for this title. This is what the synopsys is (though I kind of wish they at least waited until Wednesday when "The Button" concluded):
Geoff Johns' anticipated follow-through on 2016's DC Universe: Rebirth #1 has been revealed as a new miniseries titled Doomsday Clock. Reuniting with frequent collaborators Gary Frank and Brad Anderson, Johns is framing the title as Dr. Manhattan versus Superman and "the conflict between optimism and pessimism."
“'It's time. Last year, the DC Universe confronted the legacy of Watchmen in 'Rebirth' the way Watchmen confronted the legacy of superhero comics three decades ago,' said Johns. 'Thematically, and metaphorically, there was no better choice than to use Dr. Manhattan. If you’re going to have a conflict between optimism and pessimism, a battle between the very forces of hope and despair, you need to have someone who personifies the cynicism that has leaked into our hearts and also has the ability to affect the entire DCU. It’s all paying off this November with Doomsday Clock.'"

Pages 1

You must login or register to post a reply

Forum Oi! → Cinema & TV → Geoff Johns teases his new DC Comics Crossover