Skip to forum content

You are not logged in. Please login or register.

Forum Oi! → Chit-Chat → ALIEN: WHATEVAH

Pages 1

You must login or register to post a reply

RSS topic feed

Alien was a good film. Just watched it again recently. Classic all the way. But these days people are too impatient and need something more along the pacing of Aliens. Of course these days people would want to the part of Aliens that took place on Earth to be wrapped up within 10 minutes.

Prometheus was the perfect 3D sci-fi. I loved it all the way through, despite some of the bad acting and character development.

I think as we get older, we see the specifics of a movie as more incidental to a story than constitutional and definitive. If the story is good enough, the shiny objects can get away with a little suck, because it's the story itself we take greater interest in. That's why Star Wars bores the sh*t out of me. I read the Bible, and it's no better on the screen with lasers and robots than it was in church. The over-elaborate epic that insists on itself while presuming interest, while assuming no responsibility to invoke it, interspersed with merchandising moments? f*ck George Lucas right up his stupid, fat, ancient asshole for never maturing the form beyond an elementary school target audience. I wanted to like it, especially when they put Natalie Portman in. I went to see it just for her--but not to be out-sucked, Lucas jinxed her ass with that dick who played Manakin Dikestalker, and I swear to f*ck, I've never in my life seen someone suck that much ass at anything. You just know he turned NP lesbian. You could actually see the silent scream in her eyes as the transition took hold, and her soul bending and breaking to the knowledge that no man could possibly ever blow her good enough again to reawaken her interest in men. Jesus fuck--that b*tch turned me into a lesbian, and I'm not even a f*ck*ng woman.
Anyway, I think I drifted a bit. My point, basically, is that I'll take a great story poorly told, over a sh*t story well-delivered any day, and I think Alien 1979 was a great story.

Pages 1

You must login or register to post a reply

Forum Oi! → Chit-Chat → ALIEN: WHATEVAH